All Time Low titles. It's always the All Time Low titles with me.
So this week, you guys don't get ordinary art. instead you get what I have been working on for the past month or two in my art class. A texture-based assignment that didn't quite turn out be all that textured so it was a disappoint but is still pretty. Let's begin with this artwork's story, shall we?
I acquired a large piece of cardboard, in which I sketched out my concept and began gluing stuff onto it, elementary arts & crafts style. It was rather labor intensive to cut out the moon and girl from matte board, but the rest was simply gluing fluffy cotton balls, strings of beads, glow in the dark stars, ribbon and fabric. The most intimidating moment of my entire art class life was gluing on the aluminum foil over the entire thing, I even managed to mess that up by gluing the shiny side down! :'D But I was really happy to see how all the textures were turning out, the sandpaper on the moon, the lines of her hair, even the folds of her dress that took me three class periods. Until my teacher made me add another layer of aluminum foil over it. That killed all my happy textures. They were so happy...
*coughs* Anyways, then I got to color it with some alcohol inks, which was a way to turn my failure into something acceptable. I originally wanted a girl in white with lavender ribbon around the moon, but I didn't want to leave anything white but the clouds. Plus I was using red ribbon in the under-structure, so it grew on me. I was really stumped for a good color scheme for a while, the thought of using warm colors like pink and gold just sneaked it's way into my head. The most difficult of choices, though, was the dress of the little girl. I know you don't quite see little girls wear brown often, but for me it was the best option composition-wise. I even incorporated the pink of the ribbon, and made the star strings the same brown, and with the girl's hair the same color of the moon, it formed a nice united color family. So then I used some sharpies to clean it up and add the facial features, in which I did the impossible (blending sharpies!) and manged to call it finished
After all that, I spent some time cutting pieces of balsa wood and painted it white, and it made a nice frame. Then I added the beads and lace trims because, pink stars and ribbons just weren't cutting it. But it was a nice, time-consuming project that barely met my expectations. Maybe I'll hang it up in my house...somewhere...
Hope you guys like it though <3
Artwork (c) Me
Please do not redistribute without my permission!